High calibre workshops and follow-up coaching on their corporate menu are more effective in influencing company culture, building individual skill sets, and ultimately profitability. Your interpersonal skills will be tested in many leadership settings. The sign of ‘failure to influence’ is the use of authority as a last resort, to force people to do what you want.
Where’s your pain?
As you look across your business:
- Leadership culture is not flexing to meet the needs of a changing business
- Buy-in to messages around diversity, engagement and mental health are slow to take hold
- Relationships in teams, between managers, and with customers are riddled with conflict – spot fires that keep flaring up
- When change comes, you hold doubts that your leadership group can implement
- Routine compliance with safety and other legal absolutes are chronic problems
- New leaders come and go, with few rising stars emerging or staying for long
- Business results aren’t coming
How satisfied are you with your current workshop offerings and current providers? Is it time refresh how your learning and development is undertaken?
What to do?
Build the products that you need:
Use the data available to you – Employee Opinion Surveys, turnover data, exit interviews and direct consultation to guide you in the content. Create:
- An induction programme
- A Supervisor Development programme
- A Middle Manager programme
- Individual workshops on leading, coaching, delegating, performance-based feedback, conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, HR recruitment (assessing and interviewing) and leading teams.
Structure how it runs:
- a series of days (or half-days) that allow for learning and implementation, hand in hand
- an intensive to create a powerful impact
Choose a provider that:
- has a strong reputation over 15 years of independent consulting across Asia Pacific to multi-nationals and small business alike
- is a known, skilled practitioner (ahead of a corporate who only offers ‘off the shelf’, and who might send anybody)
- customises to fit the client needs
- rigorously applies the Kolb Adult Learning principles in both design and delivery
- colourfully displays commitment to accelerated learning principles
Call Skillbiz, (+61) 412 994 718, to explore how to get what you want.